I spend a few minutes each morning scanning a few dozen of my favorite blogs for interesting articles about online business.Â Often that few minutes spent is the most profitable of the day.Â It generates ideas that significantly expand my blogging, web traffic, product base and my business.
Today I’m going to share a few of them with you:
- Eight Tips for Bloggers from an Advertising Book – Some tips on how to write a good blog post from one of my favorite online business bloggers – Pat Flynn.Â Here he shares some quick tips on being genuine in your blogging – which will pay big dividends in the long run!
- The Power of Buttons and Being Normal - Seth Godin shares an important lesson about buttons and taxi cabs.Â Seth is the Hemingway of marketing bloggers – writing short pity posts that make you think.
- Why Your Blog Sucks - A summary of why many blogs fail from Michael Dunlop – he provides some great insights here on what makes a blog good or bad.
- How Authors Really Make Money: The Rebirth of Seth Godin and Death of Conventional Publishing – A post on the realities of book publishing, and how authors can actually make more on activities surrounding a book such as speaking engagements than the book itself.Â This is by Tim Ferris, author of The Four Hour Workweek - one of my favorite books.
- How to Create Successful Product Websites that People Love – A great article on how to build product oriented pages by Maki from Dosh Dosh.Â While Maki has not been writing as much in the last year, I recommend you browse Dosh-Dosh as it is a treasure trove of outstanding articles on online marketing.
Take a few minutes to read these posts – they are written by some of the top bloggers online and provide real insight into starting and growing your business!
Also as a personal plug – I now have my twitter, facebook and linked in pages listed on the sidebar if you want to follow me.Â Have a great week! — Brad